Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Closing time...

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Well, we close on our house Thursday morning. Hard to believe. Our life has been crazy lately. Well, not "lately", the past year is more accurate!

We have lived with my parents for the past year. Let me just say...it really has been great! Here is why.
* My mom and I are extremely Close
* We watch the same TV shows, so every night we enjoy each others company while discussing the latest Bachelorette drama, who the best dancer is on So You Think You Can Dance, the sadness of Jon and Kate divorcing....the list goes on!
*I have learned alot about how to run a home from my Mom
*I have learned through conversations with dad.
*We have had tons of help with the girls
*My kids have developed strong bonds with mimi and opa!
*We got a lot of bills paid off!
*I had time to really figure out future plans
*I have learned how to cook some great meals!
*We had time to have our home built!
*And the most important: I have been able to be here with my mom as she goes through a very difficult time. I have been able to hold her hand, keep her company,and take care of her house.

I know that there is a reason for everything. God knows this reason. We, sometimes, are fortunate to find out the reasons for things. Sometimes we are not so fortunate. Those are the times that our trust in God is tested.
I often wondered why my husband and I decided to sell our home and live with my parents for a year. For a while we thought it was because I was not going to work next year. Now that I am going back to work next year, I realize we are wrong about the reason.
This is one of those fortunate times that God reveals his reason to us. The main reason that we decided to sell our house and live with parents for a year is because we were able to be here for my Mom and Dad through my Mom's illness. I was able to take care of her and her home, Chloe was able to cheer her up. Trinity was born during that time. If a newborn doesnt give you a will to live, what will?
We are so thankful for this past year. For this precious time. So, in the words of Josh Gracin..."We were alot of things...but we weren't crazy!"
And on Thursday, we will begin a new beginning! In this wonderful home, where we will raise our precious little ladies to be strong individuals, to love one another, and to Love the Lord.

The day that I gave birth to Chloe, (A very long and hard day, I might add), I looked at my parents and said..."How can this be the worst AND best day of my life?".( Of course, once I saw her sweet face and held her in my arms, the worst part just flew out the window!) I feel that way again...but not a "best and worst" feeling, but an "anticipatory and sad" feeling...I anticipate moving and look forward to it, but I am also sad. It's hard to control emotions when they are on polar ends! Is that a woman thing?

1 comment:

Maddy said...

SWEET!!! Chloe is going to LOVE her pink room! ha!!:)