Thursday, July 2, 2009

All done!

Okay...maybe not ALL done, but mostly! We officially live in our home. There is not one box in our house. All is put away and has a spot. The girls rooms are completely finished, the kitchen is done, the living room is completed, the entry way still needs a mirror hung, our bedroom needs another picture hung, and there are no curtains yet! But, the house is livable, nice, organized, and comfortable! What more could a girl ask for?...well, curtains and a few pictures hung I guess!!

The move went (fairly) smooth. On Friday, the day after closing, the movers were supposed to show up at 7am to begin their job. Well, they were late. Okay, they were VERY late. I think they rolled up around 12:30. I was not a happy camper...or should I say mover! They finally finished moving everything to the new place around 8:30. Lets just say, they were not in a big hurry. Would you be if you were getting paid by the hour?! If you are planning on moving and need to hire movers...call me first! I can suggest to you who NOT to hire.

Chloe and Trinity went to Nana's house for the weekend while we unpacked the endless amounts of boxes! We figured that with two girls, not much would get accomplished. We were right! The minute they got home, the non-stop working halted. Moving in became a little more of a challenge. But, I didn't mind. I missed them so bad. Here is a picture of chloe as she sees her room for the first time!



We have enjoyed the house so far. I have actually enjoyed cooking dinner every night! Chloe has had a little bit of a hard time coping with living here. This was our conversation her first night to sleep at home:
me: goodnight baby.
Chloe: goodnight...mommy, when I wake up in the middle of the night and want to sleep with Mimi, will you drive me there.
me: in the middle of the night?
Chloe: yes
me: no, sweetie. This is your home now.
Chloe: you mean, you want me to live here...without my Mimi?

*sidenote*
Chloe decided that she wanted to call Mimi and Opa to come get her so that she could go to their house and swim. I gave her the phone and told her the numbers to push. She waited and waited, then said "uh, she just said she would call me back...then hung up...". A confused look consumed her face....
Curt and I began laughing...Chloe had actually heard my mom's voicemail that says "leave your name and number and I'll call you back"...
Too funny! I guess voicemail is a foreign concept to a four year old!