Sunday, July 5, 2009

Faith

Yesterday it poured. Hard. We loved it, Chloe...not so much. She (sadly) inherited the "storm nerves" from me. She was pretty nervous, but trying to act cool!

While she stood watching the downpour through the back door at Mimi and Opa's house she turned to us and said "God said that he would not let it flood ever again".

She is right. And He won't.

Chloe taught me in that little innocent statement that made all of us smile.

She showed faith in God. She believes His word.

Very cool.

I saw a sign in a store the other day that said, " Faith is not thinking that He can, but knowing the He will". Well said, person who designs signs for Hobby Lobby, well said.

May Chloe never lose her faith in God and may she never second guess his word. I pray that I can live by example for my kids, showing them and teaching them about my faith.

I have faith in Jesus Christ, my sovereign and Holy Savior. Do you?








No comments: