Monday, June 22, 2009

Meet the Cobbs...



Ha! I couldn't resist! Did you know that corn looks like it has hair? Well, me neither! When we went to the church garden yesterday, my dad picked one with "hair" because he thought Chloe would get a kick out of it! Here is our conversation:
Me: (showing her the corn) " Hi Chloe, I am Mrs. Corn!"
Chloe: "Why does it have hair like that ?"
Me: "That is how God made it, isn't it beautiful?"
Chloe: "Yes!", "Mommy, did Got make a Mr. Corn?"
Ha! Well of course he did! So we brought Mr. and Mrs. Corn home, washed them up, gave Mr. Corn a snazzy hair cut, and drew faces on them! Oh, and gave Mrs. Corn jewelery, because it just wouldn't be right for her to not have it! Here is Chloe playing with the Cobb family!



The Garden is growing like weeds! Well, except its not weeds, it awesome vegetables! Any vegetable you could ask for! And it's all organic! I am not really an "organic advocate", but it sounds good! I mean, not against it, just don't really care! Maybe I should!


This is what we came home with. Curt made some homemade salsa, dad grilled some corn, and the rest is just waiting to be devoured!


Anyone up for shelling peas?

No comments: