Thursday, March 4, 2010

Twinkle Toes!!

We have spent the last three days trying to find Chloe some new shoes.


It is a frustrating process...


She likes her tall boots. She likes her flip flops. This is fine with me, but it is getting warmer and she is not allowed to wear flip flops to school. All she wears is leggings and dresses, so finding shoes to go with that particular outfit is challenging.


Gees...no one ever told me that this part of parenthood would be difficult! You know, the whole "oh my gosh...what shoes is my five year old going to wear with that outfit" part. I seriously need to get a grip!


We found a pair at dillards and bought them. They are really cute and very sparkly. The next day, she lets us know that they are uncomfortable. I was frustrated, but definitely don't want her walking around with aching feet! So, we returned those and went out on another shoe outing!


We would walk in to a store...Chloe would head straight to the high heeled church shoes...I would say no...explain to her what we are looking for...hold up a darling pair...she would say no...on the occasion that we did find some she approved of they wouldn't have her size...and we would walk out, with our heads held low...okay not really, its just shoes!!


We finally found a cute pair at Finish Line. She tried them on...walked around funny in them...and then declared that these are the ones she wants. I was excited...but insisted on checking just one more store before I took the plunge and bought them only to return them the next day. We went down to JC penny and checked out their options. And that is where I found myself saying something that I never thought I would have to say...


"No! Chloe you are not allowed to wear heels to pre-k!"


She really wanted those high heeled tennis shoes! Yep...thats right! High-heeled tennis shoes.


So...we went back to finish line and ended up with these:






Cute huh! I told her that if she went to school and stomped, I would take the battery out so that they quit twinkling...Now, how do you do that?



1 comment:

Maddy said...

HAHA! Not sure how you take the twinkle out... haha!:) Those are really cute... the twinkle toes are precious to though, too bad they were uncomfortable!:)