Thursday, May 21, 2009

Teacher Conference

On Tuesday I had a meeting with Chloe's teacher, Mrs. Aguirre. She gave Chloe a "skills" test that is appropriate for her age. She told me that Chloe is a joy to have in class! She said that Chloe put herself in charge of making sure everyone else in class is doing what they are supposed to be doing. I can see that. When she first started dance class, I watched her show all of the little girls where their spot was. She just may have a little bit of her mommy's teacher instinct in her! Here are the things that Chloe can do!
  • recognize all shapes
  • recognize all colors
  • recognize her last name (this one is an improvement!-see below story)
  • recognize all lower case letter s and write them
  • recognize all uppercase letters and write them
  • write her name!
Here are some things that we, at home, have noticed:
  • she can re-tell a story
  • make up a song
  • memorize any song - especially Taylor Swift!
  • dance, dance, dance
  • be an amazing big siser to Trinity
  • jump in the pool and swim across
  • she is a PRO at using my iphone!
  • color in the lines
  • memorize bible verses
  • and she doesn't forget a thing....(this one can be both good and bad!)
We are so proud of little Chloe! I am excited to watch her continue to grow and learn!



*side note*
At my first teacher conference at the beginning of this year, her teacher told me that she was concerned because Chloe didn't know her last name. This confused me. When I came home, I asked her what her name was. She said, "Chloe Marie McKnight". I said, "Chloe, why didn't you tell your teacher?", and she replied "Her didn't need to know that!".
Yep...that's Chloe!

No comments: