Monday, January 11, 2010

Her First Sight Word!

Chloe has her first sight word! She was given a book that uses the word "see" over and over! She has to read this book to me each night over and over and then take it to school for practice! She has the book memorized, but I am so excited for her to start recognizing words! Watching her learn to read just may be the coolest thing EVER! Since I am a teacher and can't help it, I decided to take it a step further...tonight I sat her down in front of the laptop and had her type the story. I showed her where the period is, the space key, and the enter key...she was able to type her story...just shy of one page! She got bored with it!

I think the only thing I dread about Chloe learning to read is not being able to spell things in front of her!

No comments: